As winter drags on, you might be spending more and more time in your apartment. If you’ve been looking around and wondering … how can I make this look better? We have a few tricks to dress up your room without spending a ton of cash.
- Explore other rooms. You never know what you might have stashed in the bedroom closet that could be used in the living room or kitchen.
- Don’t be afraid to ask friends and family members. Let them know what you are looking for – even if it is a large item like a recliner. You never know when Aunt Sally will say, “Take this one!”
- Go to the flea market at the end of the day when all of the merchants are packing it up to head home. You can score great (or even free) deals.
- Take a hike! Collect branches, pretty rocks (or seashells if you live on the coast), and pinecones or flowers (depending on the season). Put the rocks or seashells in a large bowl, roll the pinecones in white paint and add them to a tray, and put the branches and flowers in large vases.
- Before you throw it out, look at it again. That jelly jar could be painted and used as a stylish vase. The canister your protein powder came in could be painted in chalkboard paint for a stylish storage container.
- Go to garage sales. It may take several stops to find that special item that would fit perfectly in your dining room or kitchen, but you’ll have fun on this treasure hunt. Bonus: you get to know your neighbors!
- Add candles or get an inexpensive diffuser and some scented oils. Sometimes, a special scent is all your room needs to dress it up.
Stop by The Addison on Long Bayou for a tour!